How to Disable Contactless Reader on an Ingenico ISMP4
- Reboot the device by holding down the yellow button and the “#” button at the same time. Hold them both for approximately 3-4 seconds until you hear a series of fast paced beeps and the screen goes blue and then immediately off.
- Turn back on the device by holding down the small button with a straight line through it, for approximately 4-5 seconds. You will hear another series of fast paced beeps and the screen will turn on.
- When the device is rebooting, you will need to watch for the “Retail Base” screen to populate then quickly press the following sequence of buttons to access the configuration menu: (2 – 6 – 3 – 4 – Green)
- When you successfully enter the code on the “Retail Base” screen, you will be shown the “Press F for menu” screen. Press the “F” button to access the configuration menu
- After pressing “F” you will be in the main menu (Functions) screen, Select “0” for the “Telium Manager” menu
- Within the next menu select “3” for “Initialization”
- In the next menu select “1” for “Parameters”
- In the next menu, you will need to press the “F3” button two times to navigate over the “Contactless” option, after you have that option highlighted, press the “Green” button to access this option
- Once you are in the “Contactless” menu, you are given only two options, Yes or No, use the “F2” button to navigate up and highlight the “No” option. Once highlighted, press the “Green” button to confirm. The device will freeze for a moment then immediately turn off. You will then need to turn on the device again by holding down the right side button referenced above in the rebooting steps from step 2 in this document.