Instead of individually editing Accounts, the Import/Export feature allows widespread changes to be made. Accounts can be created or updated with an Import/Export and assigned to Vendors using Import/Export Assignment.
- To delete an account during the import, you must add DELETE in the Delete column (it is case sensitive and must be in all caps). Removing the row for the account from the import will make no changes.
- The formatting is crucial to this process. Be careful editing the Excel spreadsheet and make sure that the formatting does not change or the document may not import.
- It is important to save a backup file prior to making any changes. Download a copy of the current configuration and save it to your computer. Download another copy to make the changes and then import that file.
How to Export Accounts
For Accounts, the Login ID, Password, Admin PIN, Employee PIN, and Role ID can be edited or added to create new accounts during an Import (current passwords will never be displayed in the export).
- Login to Connect and click on 'Accounts' from the left side menu.
- Click on the 'hamburger' icon to the right of 'Create' in the upper right corner.
- Select 'Export' from the drop down, which will generate an Excel spreadsheet.
- There is a key to the right of the document that specifies what groups and roles are attached to the ID number listed in each column.
Note: Add a new account to a spreadsheet manually by typing it in, but be sure to leave the 'ID' blank. Account ID's are unique and generated in Connect once the account is imported/created.
Export Assignment in Accounts
To export assignments for Accounts, follow the steps below.
- To export the document, log into Connect.
- Select Accounts
- Click the three line icon in the upper right and select Export Assignment
- Assign Accounts to specific Vendors by putting a '1' into the appropriate columns.
- Unassign Accounts to specific Vendors by putting a '0' into the appropriate columns.
How to Import an Account spreadsheet
- Once the Excel Spreadsheet has been edited and saved, click on 'Import' or 'Import Assignment.'
- Select the edited Excel spreadsheet to upload and click 'Choose.'
- A message will appear with the status of the import and will state whether or not the import was successful.
Note: The password column must be filled out when creating new Accounts for the import to run successfully.