Opening up a Check
- Enter initial order or Thank You $0 item into the cart if in Restaurant
- Select Check
- Select Open with Credit Card
- Wait for iSMP/Freedom Pay Device to light up and swipe card
- Confirm the table/seat number if needed
- Confirmation of order submitted is a RED DELETE next to items
Troubleshooting Opening a Check
- No RED DELETE appeared: Device is likely offline and needs to be reconnected to the network
- iSMP device will not light up: A reboot is needed. Hold yellow and # for 3-4 seconds to turn off then hold the green button for 3-5 seconds to turn back on
- Freedom Pay Device will not light up: Try backing out and starting over to reset the device
Closing Out a Check
Do not select Closeout Check unless the payment is in hand. Wait until the Cash, Credit Card(s), or the itemized slip has been provided by the guest with confirmation to close with the card they opened it with. There is no way to reopen a closed check.
- The Guest wants to get their Bill/Check/Tab to pay
- Select Check without any items in the cart
- Choose the Open Check you are looking for
- DO NOT Closeout Check
- Select Print Order to give the guest their itemized receipt
- Once presented and the guest gives you payment then repeat 1-3
- Select Closeout Check and if using the stored card only (no splits) then finalize to the stored card. If entering splits or another form of payment then select No to delete the stored card information. There is no way to add that card information without the card.
- Select (Select Payment Method) and complete the payment process
Note: Split vs Easy Split.
- Easy Split has access to Custom Tenders, Fees, and Discounts.
- Standard Splits is just simply splitting and putting on multiple payments which is also known as the basic split.