An administrator has the ability to flag a Connect account to force a reset of the user's password. To update individual accounts, follow the steps below.
- Login to Connect and select 'Accounts' from the left side menu.
- Choose the Connect tab to view only Connect Accounts
- Search for and select an account to edit.
- Toggle 'Force password reset' to Yes
- Select 'Save' to finish.
- A lock icon will now be to the right of that account to indicate the user needs to change the password.
Forcing Password Reset for all Connect Accounts
All Connect accounts can also be flagged to change the password at the next login. Please reference the Connect Settings: Security article.
Changing the Password on Login
The user will be prompted to change the password the next time they try to access Connect. They cannot proceed to Connect until the password is updated.
- The user will enter the username and current password to login.
- A new page will load prompting the user for a password change.
- The old password must be entered and the new password entered twice.
- Select 'Reset Password' to continue.
- Connect will load if the new password is accepted.