Pre-authorizing Credit Cards Before an Event
PreOrders may be preauthorized within a 24 hour period prior to the event start date and time. This can be done by bulk or individually. The preauthorization of PreOrder credit cards is required for the transaction to be processed successfully on Event Day. If the credit card is not preauthorized through Connect, the transaction will decline in Activate.
- In Connect, click Suites
- Select PreOrders from the collapsed menu
- Select a single order, a group of orders or bulk from the drop-down (select up to an entire page).
- There is a drop-down menu on the bottom right where you can select different quantities on the page.
- Once the PreOrders are selected the admin can click the ‘Pre-Authorize’ action and the process will begin.
- A confirmation modal will display, click OK to begin.
- When the pre-authorization has completed the status of the orders will update to their new status.
- When the employee logs into Activate the PreOrder will sync with the stored card attached.