This article will provide the steps on how to pair your Ingenico iSMP4 to your iOS device.
• The device should be fully charged prior to use if it will be used in a mobile
environment. This requires the included USB-C cable only. No other cable will
charge the device!
• The device is powered on by holding the power button on the upper right side of the
device for several seconds until you hear a series of beeps and text begins to appear.
• The device is powered off by holding the power button on the upper right side of the
device for several seconds.
• The device is rebooted by holding the Yellow Button and the button labeled .,#* for
• Note: if the device is plugged in, it will turn on automatically.
Pairing the Device (iOS Device Steps)
1. Ensure the iOS device is powered on and either charged or charging.
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Bluetooth
Pairing the Device (iSMP4 Steps)
1. Power the device on.
2. You will see one of two screens, either “BT Pairing Required” or “Lane Closed.”
3. If you see “BT Pairing Required,” press the F1 Key under iOS and go to Step 6.
4. If you see “Lane Closed” tap the “F” key five times in quick succession.
5. You should now see “BT Pairing Required,” press the F1 Key under iOS and go to
6. Use the F1 through F4 keys as arrow keys until you locate the iOS device by it’s
name. The iOS device name can be found in Settings – General – About or in the
Bluetooth Menu as “Now discoverable as _____.”
7. When you locate the device, highlight it and press the green key.
8. The iSMP4 will now display a PIN. On the iPad, you will be prompted to enter this
PIN. The device may appear on the iPad as a “Cordless Phone” initially – this is
9. The device should now read as paired on your iOS device and on the iSMP4. At this
point, tap F1 to Save. The device will reboot and it is now paired.
10. If you see a screen that says “Not Paired” tap F3 for Change Settings and attempt the
entire pairing procedure again.