What is a Day Part?
Day Part is located within the 'Options' tab on the left hand menu in Connect and allows for a change of menu items for a specified date or time (Ex: Breakfast menu to lunch menu or Happy Hour).
How to create a Day Part
- Login to Connect and click on 'Options' from the left side menu.
- Select 'Day Parts' from the 'Options' drop down.
- Click 'Create' in the upper right corner.
- A pop up will appear to fill out the Day Part settings.
- Once all the information is in, select 'Save' and the Day Part will be created.
Day Part Settings
- Name: Name of the Day Part (Ex: Breakfast, Lunch, Happy Hour)
- Beginning: The time the Day Part will begin.
- End: The time the Day Part will end.
- All Day: Allows the Day Part to last all day long.
- Repeat: Allows the Day Part to repeat.
- Repeats: How often the Day Part will reoccur.
- Repeat every: When to repeat in number of the selected units (days, weeks, months, etc.).
- Ends: Set to Never, After or On to specify when the Day Part ends.
Note: The beginning and end dates should be the same if the item will only be available for specific hours during the day, see an example below.
- Beginning December 31, 2018 00:00
- Ending December 31, 2018 11:00
- The item will be available 12:00 AM - 11:00 AM every day if the event is repeating.
Applying A Day Part to an Item
Once your Day Part has been created, you can apply it to the relevant Items.
- While in Connect, click 'Items' from the left side menu and 'Items' again from the collapsed menu.
- Find the item and click to edit.
- Select the Availability tab to apply the Day Part to the item or edit the item's availability.
- Select the 'Create' button on the right side.
- Select the Day Part toggle to choose an existing Day Part and Save.