iOS devices must be registered in Airwatch in order to install applications from Appetize including Activate and KDS.
Note: For instructions on how to remove the App Catalog, click here.
Add a Device to AirWatch (MDM)
- Open Safari app on the iOS device and enter the website appetizeapp.com/enroll
Note: If you do not see the screen below prompting for a Group ID, please jump to Disabling Desktop View for Websites below.
- Enter the provided Appetize 'Group ID'
- Enter the Username and Password: (Username: A /Password: a)
- The device will ask to install a profile. Select the 'Install' option in the top right corner of the prompt.
- After the profile is installed, the system will install an app named 'App Catalog'.
Install Applications from the App Catalog
Once the App Catalog is installed, follow the steps below to install the Appetize applications.
- Select App Catalog from the home screen of the iOS device.
- Tap on Activate/KDS to install.
- Tap on ‘Install’ when prompted.
Note: The app catalog will read 'Processing', but this is not a real-time representation; navigate to the home screen to observe the app install process.
Disabling Desktop View for Websites
If you see a login screen like below, you will need to disable Desktop Websites for Safari. This is a setting that was introduced in iOS version 13.0.
- Open the iOS Settings App
- Access the settings for Safari within the general settings view
- After selecting Safari, scroll down to the section titled 'Settings for websites.'
- In this section, there will be an option titled 'Request desktop website.'
- Toggle that setting to OFF as pictured below.