What is a Subvendor?
Vendors represent a separate location where POS units could be located. Subvendors are used for Vendors that use a KDS when orders are placed.
When orders are placed from the same Vendor, the Subvendors (single or multiple KDS terminals) are set up to distinguish what items are sent to which KDS (Ex: drinks, food, bar, etc.).
How to Create a Subvendor
- Login to Connect and select the 'Vendors' tab on the left side menu.
- Click on 'Add Sub' to the right of the desired Vendor the sub(s) should exist under.
- Fill in the Subvendor's settings and click 'Save Changes.'
Subvendor Settings tab
- Name: The name of the Subvendor
- External ID: A reporting tool used by some venues.
- Status: Whether the Subvendor is open or closed.
- AutoComplete: Must be set to Yes with at least a 10 min interval selected for the order to print.
- Assign All Items: Auto-assign every existing item.
The Serves Tab dictates which seats are associated with the subvendor (Ex: only sections 100s & 200s are assigned).
Menu Items and Inventory Items Tab
The last two tabs for each vendor show lists of menu and inventory items.