What is a Vendor Role?
A Vendor Role is a set of permissions configured and applied to each Vendor (Ex: Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
Note: A Vendor Role needs to be set up prior to creating or assigning a Vendor.
On the main Vendor Roles page, there are three toggles available for quick edits:
- Promo Enabled: Promotion codes can be enabled or disabled.
- Alcohol Enabled: Alcohol can be enabled or disabled.
- Open: Any vendor assigned to this role can be opened or closed.
How to create a Vendor Role
- Login to Connect and click on 'Options' in the left side menu.
- Select 'Vendor Roles' from the Options drop down and then click 'Create' in the upper right corner.
- Type in the name of the Vendor Role and click 'Save.'
Once a Vendor Role has been created, click on the existing role to configure the settings.
- Role Name: The name of the location or based on stand usage (Ex. Concessions, Bar, Time Clock, KDS, etc.).
- Status: Set the Vendors to open or closed.
- Void Group: If Void reasons need to be created, they can be assigned here.
- Promo Enabled: Determines if the vendor would accept an ongoing promotion.
- Show Catalog: The KDS Catalog function allows enabling or disabling of items depending upon availability of Inventory.
- Login Required: When using Mobile Ordering feature, 'Login Required' forces the guest to create an Account through Appetize and does not allow the customer to submit orders as a guest.
- POS Pickup Vendor: Relates to Mobile Ordering and notes the location of where an order can be picked up.
- Vendor Image: If using a Mobile Application, this is the image a guest will see when using the application.
- Alcohol Enabled: Determines if a Vendor is allowed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Drink Limit: Set a limit of alcoholic drinks to be purchased per event or order.
- Tax Charge After Discount: Enable to apply the tax after a discount has been added.
- Apply Tax to Total: Enable to apply the tax to the customer total.
- Apply Tax to Tip: Enable to apply tax to the tip amount.
- Apply Tax to Fee: Enable to apply tax to any fees added to this Vendor.
- Tax Level: Add a tax level once configured in the 'Tax Level' tab from Options.
- Auto Print: Determines if the order receipt will automatically print after an order is complete.
- Printed Receipt Text: Add a custom message on the receipt (Ex: 'Thanks for your order!').
- Order Number Barcode: Enable to include the barcode.
- Custom Barcode Text: A custom set of numbers can be added here.
Mobile Ordering Options
- First Screen: Set the default type of items the user will see on the initial page of the Mobile App.
- Additional Info: Enter any additional notes.
- Receipt Text: Customized text on emailed receipt.
- Wait Time: Determines the time interval in which an automated text message would be sent to the customer once the status of an order changes to ‘In Progress.’
- Temporary Wait Time (in minutes): A wait time added for busy hours.
- Temporary Wait Time Duration (minutes left): How long the temporary wait time will be active.
- Pickup Vender: Determines if this vendor allows order pick up.
- Pickup Text Message: Customize the text that will be sent to customers with pickup details.
- Pickup Location: Once the order is ready, a text would notify the customer of where to pick up their order.
- Type: Clarifies whether the vendor sells merchandise or concessions.
- Quick Order: Determines if users can use Quick Order from mobile ordering.
- Quick Order image: Vendors can have unique images.
Mobile Ordering Transactions
- Convenience Fee: Turn on a surcharge or delivery amount.
- Fee Type: Percentage or Flat Fee.
- Fee Amount: The amount of the desired fee.
- Fee Text: An explanation of the fee for customers.
- Tip Enabled: Provides the customer an option to leave a tip for the employees.
- Require Seat Confirmation: After selecting the seat location and placing an order, a prompt will have the customer confirm their seat again.