Appetize has a large number of Reports that can be exported as Excel, PDF and/or CSV files. These reports can be printed, shared, or saved for future use.
Reports in Connect
In Connect, you'll see a list of available reports on the left side menu under the 'Reports' tab. Clicking on the 'Reports' tab shows a dropdown of numerous types of reports available, depending on your venue settings.
Running a Report
Once you have found the report you would like to run, there are a few important things to remember.
- Date Range: The start and end date should encompass the time period of data needed. By default, the date range is today’s date to tomorrow’s date. The start and end date should never be the same as this will not include any data.
- Event Name: Select a specific event to pull data based on the event date parameters. Some Inventory reports can only be run by event and not by date range.
- Filters: Several reports have check boxes that can be toggled depending on what information is needed. Other reports will have filter drop downs to select specific data.
- Include Comps:
- Separate By Day:
Once you are ready to run the report, click 'Choose Document Type' from the dropdown list to pick the file extension to download. A spinning circle will appear while the file generates and once complete, will download the file.
Note: Attempting to run a report for an extended date range may take many minutes to complete. If a report does not generate, please contact Support via chat or email.
End of Show
This section includes the most commonly used reports generated at the conclusion of a show or event. Click on Reports > End of Show to see the following report types:
- Category Sales: Shows all items sold by the venue and individual vendors.
- Category Sales (beta):
- Detailed Category Sales: Shows all items sold by the venue, individual vendors, as well as individual employees.
- Rounding: When rounding is enabled for the Venue, the report will provide total rounded values per order and vendor.
- Cash Room: The report includes User and Vendor Cash counts by denomination from started banks, cash pulls/adds and finalized entries.
- Tender Type: Shows what revenue was collected by type of tender (cash, credit, Apple Pay, etc.) per Venue, Vendors, and Accounts, as well as fees, taxes (if exclusive tax is used), and tips.
- Credit Card Breakdown: Shows a breakdown of all revenue based on Credit Card type.
- Codes: Shows a breakdown of any promotional codes used by venue and vendor.
- Discounts: Shows the discounts used and the total corresponding orders and totals.
- End of Show: Shows a broad overview of the venue including Attendance, Credit Card, Cash, and Code Breakdowns, as well as a Sales Category Recap and a Cash Room Breakdown
- Daily Sales: A quick and short report listing the total sales in several categories, as well as tips and comps. Can be printed on one page if desired.
- Sales Per Hour: Breaks out sales by Hour by Category for Venue, Vendors, and Employees.
- All Orders: Shows each individual order throughout the operating day. Includes itemized list of items ordered, as well as employee name and tender type.
- Pending Orders: Shows any orders which are still pending completion. Should be an empty report at the end of each operating day if all orders were completed and closed properly.
- Refunds: Shows all refunds (if any) issued and the reason selected (if applicable).
- Offline Declines: In the event that transactions occurred in an offline state at any time, the risk always exists that one or more of these orders could contain a credit card transaction which is later declined when network functionality is restored. This report will list these declines and should be run if any device lists declined transactions in the All Orders section of the Menu in Activate.
- Total Sales: Shows each item sold and lists the amount and revenue for each item.
- Sales Export: Shows items sold, quantity and item value per vendor for the selected date range in CSV format.
These report should only be run if your venue includes mobile ordering. 'Mobile Ordering' reports only include items purchased through an app available to the public, NOT through Activate).
- Property Data: Gives a complete breakdown of all transactions and items sold, broken out by category, tender type, and location.
- User Data: Shows the users who placed orders through Mobile Ordering. Breaks down name, email address, order number, pickup vs. delivery, payment type, and turnaround time.
Each Report in this section allows the user to run a report with certain filters selected or deselected.
- To run these reports, choose the report type you wish to run (Total Revenue, Total Fees, Total Tips, Best Sellers, Highest Grossing, Product Revenue, Revenue by Type, Revenue By Level and Orders Export).
- Next select the desired Start and End dates.
- Now you can select the 'Report Type' and 'Grouping By' parameters to determine how the data will be displayed.
- Select the 'Filter 1' dropdown to change the data that will be returned and then the needed 'Filter 1 Value.' Setup additional Filters as needed.
- Finally, click the dropdown box, Choose Document Type and select the file format.
- A spinning circle will appear while the file generates and once complete, will download as the file selected.
Each report in this section functions exactly like the Venue section (explained above). The only difference is it allows the look up of specific employee’s actions as opposed to the entire venue.
Each report in this section functions exactly like the Venue and Employee section (explained above) except it is focused on specific vendors within a venue. This would be helpful for tracking one specific vendor's Cash Revenue or Credit Tips for example.
These reports will only be used if your site is using Appetize’s Inventory module and has been set up ahead of time.