The Options tab in Connect contains various settings and configurations for every aspect of POS operation.
- If the tab is missing, you may not have authorization to access this section. Contact your internal manager or your Account Manager for assistance.
- It is recommended that you DO NOT delete anything without first speaking to an Appetize Representative. Doing so may make your site inoperable.
- If you are not comfortable making changes within this section, it is best to contact your Account Manager to ensure the correct changes are made so that your operations are not affected.
Account Groups allows for Accounts to be grouped by the preference of the Venue (Ex: Managers, Bartenders, Volunteers, etc.).
Category Groups allow for the creation of the various categories and subcategories that appear in Activate to organize the menu items (Ex: Cocktails, Wine, Kids Menu, etc.).
Note: If a Category is created as Level 2, it will appear as an option for a Subcategory when modifying the item in the Items section.
Commission Groups allow for the creation and modification of groups that earn a commission (Ex: a company sponsorship or a school commission). Further options regarding commissions can be seen in the Item section.
Connect Roles grant and define access to the Connect website (Ex: Supervisor, Accounting, etc.).
Note: A Connect Role must be created first before creating a Connect Account.
In Connect Roles:
- Connect Roles can be created and modified.
- Access to various sections on Connect can be edited by the Admin.
Custom Fees allow for the venue to add fees to merchandise and/or food and beverages. The reasoning behind the fees vary from venue to venue.
Custom Tender allows for the venue to implement a specialized tender to be spent on products at the venue. This varies from venue to venue.
Day Parts is an option for a venue to have specialized menus for a specific time frame. For example, you can create a Day Part for Happy Hour, Brunch, etc.
Discounts offer the option for venues to create specialized Discounts for their customers.
Employee Roles configure what an Employee or a shared employee account are able to access while in the Activate application (Ex: Shared Cashier POS Mode, General Manager, etc.).
Within Employee Roles:
- Accepted Tender Types are defined.
- Requirement of selecting a seat by the user can be activated or deactivated.
- Digital vs. paper signature settings and required threshold for order total can be set.
- Custom Fees and Tips settings can be set.
- Custom check numbers can be defined.
Permission Sets define what the employee is able to see and access within the Activate application (Ex: Bartender, Server, Manager, etc.).
These permissions include:
- Defining access to menus.
- Access to customizing the layout of the menu.
- Allowing or disallowing tabs.
- What prints on a guest check.
- What servers can see in their Finalize Day sections.
Price Levels allow each venue to set a price change depending on the event (Ex: a concert v. a football game).
Printer Groups allow for printers to be grouped by the preference of the venue. (Ex: Bar Printers, Main Lobby Concession Printers, etc.).
Reporting Categories can be created to group like items (Food, Liquor, Canned Beer, etc.). These only appear on the Category Sales Report, the Detailed Category Sales Report, and the End of Show Report.
Tax groups can be created or modified with a flat tax or specific percentages (Ex: Inclusive Sales Tax). If a venue requires taxing one type of Item at a different amount than another type, several tax groups can be created.
Tax Rates/Tax Levels
Vendor Groups allow for two or more vendors to be grouped together. These groups will operate independently, but when reports are run, they will grouped together to display totals as well as listed individually (Ex: a Vendor Group could be Level 3 Vendors, Trophy Club, etc.).
Vendor Roles configure the options for each vendor. A vendor is generally a specific stand, restaurant, bar or Kitchen Display System (Ex: Main Bar, Lobby Bar, Emily's Nacho Stand, etc.).
Within this role:
- Orders can be set to complete instantly or wait until an expeditor/bartender on a KDS in the kitchen/bar flags the order as completed and sent out.
- Alcohol can be enabled, disabled, or limited.
- An exclusive tax rate can be set and configured.
- Receipts can be set to automatically print after each transaction.
- Mobile Ordering options can be set.
Void Groups are specific reasons that can be selected to explain a refund, item void, or order void (Ex: Employee Spill, Customer Complaint, or Manager Comp).