Activate allows customers to split the check between different payment methods. The process is initiated by selecting the 'Split' or the 'More' option.
Easy Split must be enabled in Connect for this option to appear in Activate.
Note: If the order requires a Discount to be applied, click on 'More' and then 'Discounts' before completing the transaction with both payment methods.
How to split an order using the 'Split' button
- Once all items have been added to the cart in Activate, click on 'Spilt.'
- A new page will appear to select the '+' sign for the number of times the check needs to be split (it defaults to two).
- At the top, select 'Split Evenly,' 'Split by Percentage,' or 'Split by Item.'
- Select 'Split Evenly' to have Activate automatically calculate the total for each.
- Select 'Split by Amount' to manually enter in the total amounts per person or charge someone the remaining balance.
- Select 'Split by Item' to drag and drop the items into the appropriate check column.
- Once that is completed, select each customer's payment method.
- Close out the orders by clicking 'Authorize Payments' at the bottom of the screen.
How to split an order using the 'More' button
- Select the first method of payment for the order and enter in the dollar amount that is to be charged to that payment type. Tap the green check mark once the amount has been entered.
- Repeat this process for each type of payment that will be used.
- Once the total payment type charges add up to the order total, tap 'Checkout' to complete the order.
- To close out the remaining order balance to the selected method of payment, tap 'Remaining.'
- If the wrong amount or payment type is selected, swipe to the left of the tender type in the right column. This will bring up a red 'Delete' button which will remove that payment type.