If a transaction is captured without the proper tip being added, the tip can be added through the FreedomPay Enterprise Portal, provided the open batch has not been closed and sent for processing.
This can be accomplished by voiding the existing capture and recapturing via the portal to add the additional tip amount.
Steps to Add a Tip
- Log into the FreedomPay Enterprise Portal.
- In the menu, select 'Batch.
- From the dropdown, select 'View Transactions.'
- Select the proper Stores in the hierarchy to left.
- Using the filters, select the proper date range for the transaction you want to adjust. Search options include additional criteria such as transaction amount or a card's last four digits.
- Select 'Search' and the portal will load a list of transactions that meet the entered criteria.
- Before changing the amount of a transaction, the existing SETTLEAUTH must be voided.
- Note: This must occur prior to the batch being closed and sent to the processor, which typically happens nightly. Find the appropriate SETTLEAUTH transaction in the list, and highlight it by clicking once on the row in the data view. Scroll all the way to the right in the data view. The SETTLEAUTH should have the option to void
- Click the void button next to the transaction. This will open a new dialog box with the option to void at the top.
- Click 'Void' at the top of the window. The pending SETTLEAUTH will now be voided.
- Next, highlight the relevant AUTH. Scroll to the extreme right of the data view. The auth should have options to View/Void/Capture at the end.
- Click 'Capture' and a dialog box will appear that contains a capture amount and a tip amount. For example, the transaction is $15.00 and the tip added would be $3.00.
- When prompted, click OK to verify that you want to capture the transaction. Click the red X to close the dialog box.
- In the View Transactions data view, you will see a new SETTLEAUTH for the full amount.
Types of Transactions
Transactions of type 'AUTH' Or 'SALE' should never be voided (to increase the capture amount). This will remove the authorization. Only transactions of Type 'SETTLEAUTH' should be voided in this scenario.