What is a Par Level?
Par Level is an inventory term relating to the amount of inventory needed to meet customer demand and provide a cushion in case of an unexpected spike in demand or a delay in delivery. When par levels are enabled for an Inventory event, transfers will be initiated to move enough stock into the stands to cover the expected demand.
Note: Transfers will be created and completed once the event is in an Opened status.
Editing Par Levels for Items at Each Vendor
Par levels need to be configured for items at each Vendor. To add a par level for an item, follow these steps:
- In Connect, click Inventory in the left side menu and select 'Settings'
- Select a vendor (the pars must be set for each vendor individually)
- On the Details tab, select 'Use Unit for Par' to select which unit
- On the Par Levels tab, you can make individual changes by selecting the pencil icon for each par level for an item and then hit 'Enter' on your keyboard to save.
- To do mass changes to your par levels, select the pencil icon in the top right corner and enter quantity for each par level for inventory items only.
- Select the green Check Mark icon to save.
After setting the par levels for each vendor, you will now be able to bring the vendors to designated par levels when opening the event if set when creating the event.
Note: Do not set the par levels for the recipes, typically designated with 'z-' unless your site is specifically using the recipes as chargeables.
Assigning Par Levels to Event Types
Once the Par Levels have been set, you can choose the par level from the Events tab.
- In Connect, select Events in the left side menu and select 'Event Types' from the dropdown.
- Select the event type to edit.
- Make sure Inventory is enabled.
- Choose the 'Inventory' tab to select the par level that should be used for each vendor when that event type is chosen in Event setup.
Bring Stock to Par
Once the event types have been configured with the needed par level for the vendors, they can be assigned to Inventory Events.
- In Connect, select Events in the left side menu and select 'Calendar' from the dropdown.
- Select the month and then click on the numeric date of the desired event.
- Go through the setup wizard and select the time frame for the event (Name, Date and Time Start are required fields.)
- Toggle the button to 'Yes' for Include Inventory Event.
- Choose the appropriate 'Event Type' from the dropdown in the lower right.
- Select 'Continue' to setup the Inventory portion of the event.
- Click 'Yes' under 'Bring Items to PAR' and choose the PAR warehouse to transfer the items from.
- Assign the vendors to the event by using the Include/Exclude All options or select Include/Exclude for each vendor in the list.
- Once all of the settings are correct, choose 'Save.'
- The par level for each vendor will be set automatically based on the event type chosen.
- When using the Venue or Vendor Start/End times, the venue or vendor will automatically close once the End time has passed. The venue or vendor will remain closed until they are manually opened.