What is a Purchase Order?
A Purchase Order (PO) is an inventory order issued by a venue to distributors, indicating the types, quantities, and prices for products that are needed for their stand.
Purchase Orders in Connect
- In Connect, select the 'Inventory' tab and then select 'Purchase Orders' from the drop-down.
- Click the green 'New Purchase Order' button in the upper right.
- Choose the Distributor to purchase the items from and the Warehouse where the items will be delivered. To add items that have reached their 'Low Stock' threshold, select 'Auto Add Low Stock Items.'
- Select 'Create Purchase Order' once the correct Distributor and Warehouse are chosen.
- Set the 'Delivery date' and status of the PO (Pending or Completed).
- All items that are assigned to both the Distributor and Warehouse will be listed to order.
- Select the 'Unit' needed and add the quantity 'To Order' for the necessary items.
- A green check will appear to the right of the item to indicate it has been added to the order.
- Click the green check to remove an item from the order.
- When finished, select 'Complete Purchase Order.'
Note: If there is not a Distributor or Warehouse to select, they will need to be added and items assigned first.
Edit Purchase Orders
Once the PO is created successfully, Connect will load the list of current 'Orders in Progress.'
- Select the 'Send e-mail' option to send the PO via email to the distributor so an invoice can be generated and the items can be prepped for fulfillment.
- Select 'Mark Sent' to indicate the request has been sent.
- Select the button to the right of the PO to add an 'Invoice date,' edit the 'Delivery Date,' 'Download' a PDF version or 'Delete' it.
Receiving and Completing Purchase Orders
Once you receive the product from the Distributor, follow these steps to complete the PO:
- In Connect, select the 'Inventory' tab and then select 'Purchase Orders' from the drop down.
- The list of current 'Orders in Progress' will load.
- Select 'Mark Delivered' on the appropriate order.
- The 'Confirm Delivery' page will load.
- Add/edit the 'Invoice Number.'
- Verify the 'Delivery Date, the number of 'Units' received, 'Price' and add any 'Notes.'
- The 'Preferred Warehouse' will list the warehouse that was selected when PO was first created. This option can be changed by using the drop-down to select a different warehouse.
- The 'Receiving Location' can be updated for each item in the PO so the user has the option to send them to multiple locations.
- 'Add Items' that were not in the original PO request if needed.
- When all of the information is accurate, select 'Complete' to finalize the transfer or choose 'Complete & Print' to download and print a PDF of the final PO.