- Your Employee Account needs to be configured correctly to be able to use Humanity.
- Employees must have positions assigned prior to scheduling a shift.
- It’s important to have the same time zones set on Venue (Connect), Humanity, and on the device the employees will be using to clock in for everything to work correctly.
Create a Shift/Choose a Position
- Log into Connect and click 'Schedule' on the left side menu.
- Once logged into Humanity, select ShiftPlanning from the top menu
- Find the Employee (scroll through the list on the left or use the schedule search).
- Click a cell in the calendar to create a new shift and fill in the time (Ex: 8am – 4pm).
- Choose one position that will be active once the employee has selected 'Clock In' on Activate (Ex: Bartender). Use the up and down keyboard arrows to scroll through the employee's assigned positions.
- Click 'Enter' on the keyboard to save.
How to approve and publish a shift
- Click on a created shift to edit the Title, Date, Time, and Repeat Options and add any necessary notes about the shift.
- To see the Approve option for the shift, you need to click the newly created shift (calendar cell).
- Click 'Approve it Now.'
- Uncheck the shift so that is does not have 'Worked' status (default).
- Once you've completed creating all the shifts, click 'Publish' in the upper right corner.
- Review the shifts, select an employee notification option and then click 'Publish Shifts' in the bottom right corner.